General terms and conditions of sale
Les Rives du Ter
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE - LES RIVES DU TER
Preliminary Article: Definition of the terms of the contract
The following terms shall have the following meanings :
"Client" or "Customer": means a natural person of legal age who has full legal capacity at the time of signing the booking contract, or a legal person duly represented by a natural person with the capacity and legal authority to represent it.
"Hotel" means the Best Western Plus Hotel Les Rives du Ter.
"Website": electronic service operated by the Company LES RIVES DU TER on the Internet and accessible at the address indicated in the preamble to the present document.
"Reservation Platform": electronic service connected to the Website and allowing you to make an online reservation for the Best Western Plus Les Rives du Ter Hotel.
1. The company LES RIVES DU TER, SASU (Société par Actions Simplifiées à Associé Unique), registered under the SIREN number 480580042, registered at the RCS of Lorient and located at 1 Boulevard Jean Monnet 56260, in Larmor-Plage, operates the following reservation site:
This website presents the Best Western Plus Hotel Les Rives du Ter and allows you to book rooms and hotel services for it.
These GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE thus apply to the above-mentioned Website.
2. The Client acknowledges that he has all the information necessary to make his choice and to proceed with his reservation on this website:
It is agreed that :
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all reservations made on the Hotel's website by an individual customer.
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are not intended to apply to professional customers who have ratified a specific contract.
3. All bookings made via the Website imply full and unreserved consultation and acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale as well as the terms and conditions of sale of the fare booked, as expressly mentioned in the description of the fare selected at the time of booking on the Booking Platform.
4. The Client's acceptance of these general terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of sale of the fare is final after ticking the box when making a reservation on the website; no reservation is possible without this agreement.
5. The Customer acknowledges that he/she fully understands these terms and conditions written in French/English and that he/she has the full legal capacity to enter into these terms and conditions.
6. The Website and the Booking Platform contain the following information:
- Precise identification of the Hotel ;
- The essential characteristics of the accommodation offered by the Hotel
- The additional and optional services offered,
- Photographs are for illustrative purposes only,
- Prices include all taxes, excluding tourist tax,
- The amount of the tourist tax as applied by the administrative authorities and is subject to variation
- The sales conditions of the reserved tariff,
- Payment terms,
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale,
- The period of validity of the offer and its price.
7. The Client declares that this booking is made for his/her own personal use only. In view of his status as a consumer, he has specific rights, which would be called into question in the event that the services booked were not for personal use.
8. All the information accessible on the Website and these General Terms and Conditions of Sale are presented in French and English.
II. Purpose :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale define the rights and obligations of the parties in connection with reservations made on the Hotel's Website and via the Reservation Platform.
2. The Customer acknowledges having read these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the terms and conditions of sale of the reserved fare, which are accessible and available at all times on the Website and the Booking Platform respectively. The Customer accepts them unreservedly.
III. Duration :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall apply throughout the period during which the Hotel's services are available online.
2. The Company reserves the right, without prior notice or compensation, to make changes to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale, or to temporarily or permanently close the website or the online booking area. To this end, we invite you to consult them regularly.
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are valid on the date of the Customer's reservation. If a later version appears after the Customer has booked, these conditions will not apply to the Customer's booking.
3. The Company is not liable for any damage of any kind that may result from these modifications and/or from the temporary unavailability or permanent closure of all or part of the site or the services associated with it, such as the online booking area.
IV. Reservation :
1. The Customer acknowledges that he/she has made the reservation with full knowledge of the facts and that he/she has obtained all the information necessary for this purpose. The reservation of a room is reserved for individuals who have reached the age of majority and are legally capable. By booking a room with the Hotel, the Customer expressly declares that he/she meets these conditions.
2. The Customer may book, on the Website, on a personal basis only, a maximum number of 4 rooms for the same date. Any reservation for a greater number of rooms will be subject to the conditions applicable by the Company to Group reservations, thus excluding the application of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Where applicable, the Customer undertakes to contact the Hotel's sales department by e-mail or telephone in order to find out about the special conditions for group bookings and to complete such a booking.
3. The Client is solely responsible for its choice of services and their suitability for its needs, such that the Company cannot be held liable in this respect.
4. The booking is deemed to be accepted by the Client at the end of the booking process.
5. All bookings are nominative and may not be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or in return for payment. Any reservation made for a third party must be made in the name of the third party holding the holiday.
V. Booking process :
1. The Customer may book a room on the booking platform of the Website, which can be accessed from the Website by clicking on the "Book" button.
2. The Client specifies the dates of their stay and the number of people who wish to stay. They can then choose the type of room and additional services according to their needs and select the proposed rate for the date(s) selected.
3. The Client can then validate his/her choice by clicking on the "Book" button after having read the full description of the corresponding room(s) and the services included.
4. The Client is then asked to fill in a form with all their personal details and those of the people staying at the hotel. They must then enter their bank details to guarantee payment on arrival. The Client certifies the truthfulness and accuracy of the information provided.
6. The booking is confirmed. The Customer accesses a page containing a summary of their booking. A booking confirmation is sent by e-mail to the e-mail address given by the Customer on the form.
VI. Conditions for cancellation or modification :
1. If the Client has booked for a non-cancellable and non-refundable fare, the Client may not cancel the booking under any circumstances and will not be entitled to any refund even if requested.
2. If the Customer has booked a flexible fare, they may cancel or modify their booking in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions of Sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation or modification of a booking may incur charges as indicated in the General Terms and Conditions of Sale of the fare selected at the time of booking.
4. In order to cancel or change a reservation, the Customer must contact the Hotel, whose contact details are provided on the Website.
5. In the event of an exceptional event or if it is impossible to make the reserved room available to the Customer, for example in the event of force majeure, the Hotel may offer the Customer a room of a higher standard than that reserved or accommodation in a Hotel of at least an equivalent category.
6. In accordance with article L. 221-5 of the French Consumer Code, the Customer is reminded that he/she does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in article L. 121-20-12 of the French Consumer Code. The Customer is also reminded that the conditions of sale for the fare booked and accepted by him/her specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the booking.
VII. Hotel stay
1. Upon arrival at the Hotel, the Customer may be asked to complete a police form. To do so, the Customer must present a valid form of identification in order to check whether or not the Hotel needs to complete the police form.
Important note: In the event that the Customer fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the Customer's reservation outright. The Hotel shall in no case be obliged to pay the Customer any compensation.
2. The Customer accepts and undertakes to make reasonable use of the room and common areas of the Hotel made available to him/her. Any behaviour contrary to the principles of safety and/or hygiene, public decency and/or public order may lead the Hotel Owner to ask the Customer to leave the establishment immediately without any compensation and/or without any refund if payment has already been made.
3. Any damage caused by the Customer in the reserved room or in the common areas of the Hotel may be billed directly to the Customer in the amount of the damage found. Any object missing from the reserved room and duly noted by the Hotel will be billed directly for its value.
4. All rooms in the Hotel are non-smoking. Penalties equal to a maximum of the price of the first night booked may be applied if the Customer does not comply with the ban on smoking in his/her room.
5. The Customer may occupy the room from 2.00 pm on the first day of the reservation. They must leave the room by 12:00 on the last day of their reservation. Failure to do so will result in an additional night being charged. The Client may enter and leave the hotel 24 hours a day. They will then be asked to leave the room keys at reception.
6 The Customer may request access to his/her room before 2pm on the day of arrival or to keep his/her room after 12pm on the day of departure. This service must be booked on site with the hotel staff for an additional fee and subject to availability.
7. Specific sales conditions may apply for stays of more than 5 nights.
VIII. Guarantees :
The Hotel is bound by the guarantee of conformity of the services, under the conditions set out in Articles L. 212-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code.
IX. Liability :
1. In accordance with the laws and regulations governing intellectual property rights, the use and/or reproduction of all or part of the elements making up the Hotel's offers on the Website are strictly prohibited.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any indirect damage resulting from the present contract, in particular caused by a third party, by the Customer or by the Hotel's partners.
3. Hypertext links may lead to sites other than the Hotel site, which accepts no responsibility for the content of these sites or the services offered. The Company has implemented measures to protect and secure its information system against malicious acts. However, connecting to the website and making a reservation implies that the Customer is aware of and accepts the characteristics and limits of the Internet. The lack of protection of certain data against possible misappropriation or piracy or the risk of contamination by any viruses circulating on the network. The Company declines all responsibility in the event of misuse or incident linked to the use of the computer or any support allowing access to the Internet, maintenance or malfunction of the website or any other technical connection and the sending of information to an incorrect address.
4. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for any reason attributable to the Client will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Client's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Client.
5. When making a reservation and during their stay, the Customer undertakes to behave reasonably and not to cause any harm whatsoever to members of the Hotel team or to third parties (or even their pets) present in the Hotel. Any such behaviour may result in the Hotel evicting the Customer from the Hotel without the Customer being able to claim any right to compensation.
X. Price :
1. The prices for the booking of services are indicated before and at the time of booking.
2. The prices quoted are per room for the number of persons and date(s) at the time they are selected.
3. Prices are confirmed to the Client inclusive of all taxes and exclusive of tourist tax, in the commercial currency of the hotel, and are valid only for the period indicated on the website.
4. The total amount of the reservation is payable on the spot upon the Guest's arrival at the Hotel.
5. The client's credit card will be requested at the time of booking to guarantee payment of the reservation.
6. The tourist tax, indicated for each rate, must be paid directly to the hotel. It is subject to change.
7. The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of the order and any change in the applicable VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
8. Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated at the time of invoicing.
9. Upon confirmation of the Client's reservation, the total amount of the order will be indicated.
10. Any extras and/or compensation for damage or missing objects/furniture will be deducted directly from the bank account corresponding to the credit card details provided by the Customer at the time of booking.
In this respect, the Hotel informs the Customer that his/her bank details are kept from the time the reservation is confirmed. The Hotel reserves the right to use this data for the entire period necessary for the execution of the terms of these conditions of sale.
The Client is informed in advance of the details and amount of the deductions that will be made from his/her account in the event of any deterioration noted at the end of his/her stay.
XI. Payment :
1. Unless special conditions or rates have been selected, the Customer shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), indicating the card number, the date of validity and the visual cryptogram directly in the area provided for this purpose (remember that the bank card used must be valid at the time of the stay) On the day of arrival at the Hotel, the Customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment.
The HOTEL may also ask the customer to show a valid form of identification in order to prevent credit card fraud.
Important note: In the event that the Client fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation outright. The Hotel shall in no case be obliged to pay the Client any compensation.
2. Payment shall be made at the reception of the Hotel upon arrival of the Client. The only authorised means of payment are those mentioned on the Website at the time of booking.
3. At the time of payment, the amount that is debited at the time of booking includes: the price of the accommodation, the taxes related to the accommodation, the price of the catering, the taxes related to the catering and any other additional services selected by the Client, excluding tourist tax and/or any other tax that may be due as a result of the Client's stay in the hotel.
4. In the event that a company benefits from a post-stay invoice for its customers/employees, it is understood that the invoice is due on receipt. Payments must be made by bank transfer within three days.
Any delay in payment shall entail, ipso jure and without prior formal notice, late payment penalties, payable on the day following the settlement date, in an amount equal to one and a half times the legal interest rate. In accordance with articles L441-6 and D441-5 of the French Commercial Code, any delay in payment shall automatically entail, in addition to the late payment penalties, an obligation for the customer to pay a fixed indemnity of 40 euros for collection costs.
5. Payment of the full price of accommodation and additional services will automatically result in a bill (invoice) being issued to the customer in printed form at the hotel or by email. A reminder of this procedure is displayed in reception.
XII. Personal data :
1. The Customer is informed, on each of the personal data collection forms, of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk.
2. Failure to provide the information identified as mandatory may result in the Hotel not being able to register a reservation and handle any claims from the latter.
3. The Customer's personal data collected by the Hotel is processed within the meaning of the amended Act of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties for the purposes of executing the Contract, managing reservations, payments, invoicing and sending information. The said processing is declared to the CNIL and the Customer's personal data is kept for the time required to carry out the service and monitor the commercial relationship and/or for the time required to enable the Company to comply with its legal and/or regulatory obligations.
4. The Customer's personal data collected must be communicated to third parties (in particular the manager of the reservation Platform and the company in charge of the secure payment site) so that the services can be provided. Some of these third parties may be located abroad. These third parties may only use this data for the same purposes. The third parties have undertaken to take all the necessary security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the Customer's personal data.
5. The Hotel reserves the right to use the Customer's personal data for its own marketing purposes by sending the Customer information about its products and services, in particular by e-mail, unless the Customer expressly objects when the personal data is provided or subsequently by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details are shown on the Website.
6. The Customer has the right to access, modify, rectify, oppose and delete personal data concerning him/her by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details appear on the Website.
7. The booking procedure and the navigation on the Website may include cookies. The Client may deactivate these cookies at any time, if he so wishes, by means of the settings of his browser.
XIII. Evidence agreement :
1. The entry of the required bank details, together with acceptance of these terms and conditions and the voucher or booking request, constitutes acceptance of the hotel contract between the parties, which has the same value as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerised registers kept in the Company's computer systems will be kept in reasonable conditions of security and will be considered as proof of the communications, orders and payments that have taken place between the parties.
XIV. Force majeure :
The Company may not be held liable to the Client in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure on French territory.
Similarly, the Client may not be held liable towards the Company in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure.
Cases of force majeure or fortuitous events are those usually recognised by the case law of the French Courts and Tribunals, and French positive law.
XV. Applicable law :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
2. This applies to both substantive and formal rules.
XVI. Entirety :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Business, the terms and conditions of sale of the fare booked by the Client, and the acceptance of the confirmation of the booking request express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
2. No general or specific conditions communicated by the Client may be incorporated into these general conditions.
3. The documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in decreasing order of priority, the reservation request (including the special conditions of the reserved fare) which has been validated by the Client and these general conditions.
XVII. Changes to the General Terms and Conditions of Sale
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale may be amended and/or supplemented by the Company at any time. In this case, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will be posted online. As soon as it is online, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply to all new bookings on the Website.
XVIII. Do not call list :
To appear on the Bloctel telephone anti-spam list free of charge, you can register on the https://www.bloctel.gouv.fr/ website.
You will then need to fill in a form indicating up to 10 fixed or mobile telephone numbers on which you no longer wish to be contacted.
XIX. Consumer mediation :
In the event of a dispute, after contacting the hotel's customer service department and failing a satisfactory response within 60 days, you may have recourse to a consumer mediator under the conditions set out in Title 1 of Book VI (Article L. 111-1 6° of the French Consumer Code) by writing to the following address: Médiation Tourisme & Voyages - BP80303 - 75823 Paris 17 or by e-mail to http://www.mtv.travel/je-saisis-le-mediateur/.
You can also visit the European dispute resolution platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.complaints.screeningphase
Terms and conditions updated to 25/05/2023