LES RIVES DU TER
A HOTEL COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABLE TOURISM
Discover our environmental commitments for more respectful stays
Being positioned in a natural setting, on the banks of the Ter’s Lake at Larmor Plage, and being concerned about the issues of sustainable development, the impact of our activity on the environment as well as the preservation of our planet, the Best Western Plus Hotel Les Rives du Ter is committed to a more sustainable tourism.
Since 2021, the hotel has been awarded the Green Key Label, 1er international label for sustainable tourism for tourist accommodation and restaurants, which testifies to our environmental approach.
The banks of the Ter: a natural environment
Larmor Plage is a small town in southern Brittany, 5 minutes from the centre of Lorient. Situated on the seafront opposite the island of Groix, it has a rich and varied coastline with a mixture of rocky coasts, vast sandy beaches, dunes and marshes as well as a low density coastal urban area.
Separating the communes of Larmor-Plage and Lorient, the Ter’s lake, on the edge of which our hotel is situated, is a 35-hectare lagoon which extends its eponymous river and empties into the Lorient harbour, the Blavet estuary.
Discover our green setting, nestled in the heart of a preserved environment, ideal for taking time for yourself, recharging your batteries and enjoying the sea air.
The Green Key label
Founded in 1998, the Green Key ecolabel is the first environmental label for French tourist establishments.
It has 2 pillars:
- Respect for the environment: control of water and energy consumption, sustainable waste management, choice of local and eco-responsible suppliers, participation in a short circuit, customer awareness...
- Respect for the local populations: a tourist activity that contributes positively to local life, involvement of the local population in the activity, linking tourists with the local population, promoting eco-responsible actors and the natural assets of the territory...
In 2022, the Green Key label will involve more than 855 establishments in France, representing 25 million overnight stays with a low environmental impact.
Our eco-responsible commitments
Some actions undertaken within the hotel :
- We use more environmentally friendly, eco-labelled products to clean the rooms and common areas;
- A significant selection of the products in your breakfast are organic and/or local;
- The shampoo and shower gel are offered in eco-pumps which allows us to avoid 800 kg of individual packaging;
- Our renewed bulbs are LED technology for the same visual comfort, but with less energy consumption.
Our suggestions for eco-responsible activities
Nature is omnipresent around the hotel, so you can enjoy many natural and eco-responsible activities, ideal to recharge your batteries. Cycling, hiking, surfing, sailing.